Friday, June 27, 2008

What a week!

Wow, what a week! We've just been trying to get back to normal here in Casa du Valley. The fundraiser was a great success, with 8 guests, we raised just over $400! Thanks to everyone that came! It rained right at 2 o'clock, forcing us inside, but with only 8 additional people, it wasn't a big deal.

I am SO glad to be done with the potato salad though. There's only so much of that I can eat!

Tuesday our poor car died, and we've been carpooling since. We were supposed to have it back today, but it will now be tomorrow. I'd say more, but mom always said "If you can't say anything nice..."

These are the new pieces of flair I added to my inspiration boards downstairs in the "studio". I wished I'd realized at 11:30 that night, just how poor the lighting really was!

Here are the things I bought from the Bead and Button Show! I have some great necklaces in mind for myself with those ceramic beads. And I just couldn't resist that adorable flamingo bead from Two Can Clay!! And since Mike decided to take apart a typewriter so I can use the letter thingys for stamps, I decided to finish a project of my own.Keep in mind, I started this a year ago, then misplaced the green seed beads! So, it's not really finished, but now I can start the necklace part!I got good things in the mail this week. Like my issues of Polymercafe I received from Polka Dot Creations! Thanks Lisa!

I've got to go balance a checkbook now... my honey seems to think I'm not doing anything!


PS-I'm really starting to notice how I need to up my photography skills!!

1 comment:

Linda Augsburg said...

Great finds at the show! Hope to see you next year. The 2009 Bead & Button show dates are May 31 through June 7; the Bead Marketplace will be open June 5, 6, and 7 for another great round of shopping!