Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Goodbye blueberry pancakes

I am saying goodbye to blueberry pancakes for the next week.

And hello to fruit!

As part of the "Biggest Loser's" Group at The Daily Plate, we participate in weekly challenges. Our prize is pride, confidence, being one step closer to a healthy lifestyle, and hopefully weight loss.

This week's challenge is to go without processed foods. It's not just about calorie counting anymore!! Sodium is a big problem for me- it's one of many things that will set of my migraines, and processed food is LOADED with sodium. Play along if you like, and let me know how you do next week!

So, I can have fresh fruit, fresh veggies, brown & wild rice, plain oatmeal, eggs, & fresh meat (NOT lunch/canned meats).
Things I need to be careful of:
Anything "bleached" or "white" ie: bread, sugar, pasta.
Cheese
Sauces
Ice Cream
Soda- I'm a slave to Diet Coke!

That's just a condensed list of my biggest problems... not to mention I can't do any prepared frozen meals (a la Lean Cuisine)!

Part two of our challenge this week is to find a new activity to add to my exercise routine. I'm thinking this is going to be difficult as I already switch between several different activities, and I don't have a gym membership. If anyone wants to leave a comment with idea's, that would be great! Here's what I do fairly regularly:
Walking
Running
Bicycling
Free Weights
Yoga
Pilates
Gardening (YES, that's an activity! You should see how I garden!)
Calisthenics (you know, sit-ups, push-ups, leg lifts... that kind of stuff)

So, what should I add??

I'll leave you with a fun quote for today from Ms. Ellen DeGeneres:
"I really don't think I need buns of steel. I'd be happy with buns of cinnamon."

No comments: