Sunday, August 10, 2008

I've been tagged!

I started laughing when I found my "you've been tagged" notice in my e-mail- what a fun thing to do, except, I think everyone knows just about everything about me. I'm really gonna have to dig deep to find some interesting things! Thanks Ginny for the tag, I think I'll enjoy this! You can find Ginny's blog at Designs by Ginny Baker.

Here are my things:
1. I have a tattoo on the small of my back, in the symbol above, except the 2 crescents are filled in. I was too chicken to have the circle filled in as well. It is three phases of the moon, which is a pagan symbol of the triple goddess- the maiden, the mother and the crone. It is there to remind me that inside of every woman is a goddess, no matter what age. It is also there to remind myself of my inner goddess, because more often than not I forget she is there. I think there is strength in every woman, sometimes we just need to be reminded of that.
2. I lived in Belize for a month after my first year of college, to study Mayan archaeology. I stayed in a "dorm" made of 2x4's and plywood above the lab in the middle of the jungle. I spent 6 hours a day in a hole that was just barely wider than my shoulders, digging for soil samples for a week. Another 2 weeks I spent excavating the ruins of 2 separate homes, one that shared a site with a small pyramid(that included a burial chamber). Another week I spend excavating an agricultural site. I have many stories of howler monkeys, wild pigs, toucans, and other animals and bugs that would just take up way too much space here!

3. I met my current and my previous husband on the internet. My first marriage lasted just over a year. My current marriage is in its 5th year. We got married in Las Vegas, with our entire family there. After dinner, my husband and I took a limo to another hotel, and saw an "Elvis" show, still dressed in our wedding attire. We also got married on the exact same day as one of my hubby's childhood buddies.

4. My husband was almost sent to Iraq 2 weeks before our wedding. One day he called me from work and started to tell me things I needed to take care of, but wasn't able to tell me why until he got home. I still don't know how he was able to convince whomever to have someone else go instead.

5. I not-so-secretly wish that we had a farm, even though we have a lovely house, in a small town. Every now and then I ask Mike if we can have some kind of farm animal. I've asked him for ducks, chickens, lambs, and cows. I think next I'll have to bother him about a pig. ;-) My daughter really wants a horse too.

6. If I let myself, I can fall asleep on the couch around 8:30, especially if Mike is near. If he's away, I can stay up all night. I'm just more comfortable when he's around, and I have a hard time sleeping without him.

7. When I was in kindergarten, I wanted to be a nurse. When I went to college initially, it was for a degree in nuclear medicine technology (before I switched to archaeology). I went back to school in 2003 to become a nurse, but didn't finish for various reasons-none of which included grades, as I had a 3.8 gpa. If I had the time and resources, I would go back to become an obstetrician. I think it's one of the most amazing jobs in the world!!!

I'm tagging:

Lynda at SCDiva
Pippa at Pipsjewellry
Linda at NKDesigns
Lilin at Artbylilin
Heather at swoondimples

No comments: