Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Busy busy busy...

Yet again, it's been a bit crazy in Crafty Mom household. I know I shouldn't be surprised by this, yet I am. We've already completed one school fundraiser. Caylin has her first major project due on Friday that I'm getting way too involved in.
Jake has been busy with his freshman soccer team and we've hardly seen him at all the last month. Tommy is absolutely loving every minute of school. And Miss Maya is teething, but at least she's finally learned what yes mean, and that she can say it. But she's also mastered the phrases "I want" and "I don't want"- and how to scream when it's not her way. I think Mike is just trying to reduce the number of middle-of-the-night calls he gets from work.

As far as me... I've been fighting a cold for the last few weeks, but that hasn't made me any less busy.
I completed and sent off another letter tile for the PCAGOE Alphabet Charity project. We've finally got one complete set, and there's only one tile left for the other set!

Isn't it cool? It's going to be donated to a children's hospital or advocate. The Y in the lower left corner is mine- I'm so proud!

I also completed this little guy for the PCAGOE monthly challenge. The theme was Day of the Dead. While he didn't win, I was still very happy with him. He was something new that I tried, and it's always important to try new things. And of course, he's for sale on my Etsy!

Speaking of my Etsy, I've listed one of my Mayan pendants- take a look!

Lastly- we had our first frost over the weekend! I harvested my basil and oregano. The basil has already been quick-dried in the oven, and the basil is hang-drying. It's kinda neat seeing it there in the kitchen... I think I'm going to have to do more herbs next year!

No comments: